Thursday 31 March 2011

Fin

And so I've come to the end of my month - or as so many people have kindly put it, I won't be smelly any more. I've had a fantastic time wearing my dress - it's been great fun planning outfits and thinking up new ways to wear my clothes. It's been slightly less fun doing several late night handwashes, and psoing for daily photos - as a typical Scot, I'm not great at promoting myself, so that's been a bit bizarre. (Unless I get to wear a fun costume or do a ridiculous pose, in which case I'm in my element - looking like an idiot is my forte).

Anyway, here's my 31st and final outfit - although to be honest, I'd be quite happy to wear the dress for another couple of weeks. It's going to be strange having to make more effort when getting dressed in the morning, although as someone who spent about two years of my mid-teens never wearing skirts, I do miss my jeans.



If you haven't sponsored me yet, I would very very much appreciate it if you could spare a couple of pounds - you can sponsor me online at www.justgiving.com/onedress. Comic Relief do lots of excellent work supporting abused women and children, people with mental health issues, and carers, amongst others, in the UK, and they help provide fresh water, mosquito nets and other essentials, and help children go to school and avoid getting involved with gangs in Africa. You can find out more information here.

And before I leave you to live your lives in peace, here are a few more photos from today:

Working hard...


Everyone at work today (minus Margaret and Nigel, who weren't in) decided to wear little black dresses(except Wendy, who doesn't own a black dress - yet) in honour of my month!

Thank you very much to everyone who's been following my blog, and to everyone who has sponsored me. As of today, I've raised £250, and another £60 in Gift Aid, all of which will help Comic Relief help vulnerable people in the UK and Africa. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment