Tuesday 8 March 2011

Days 7 and 8

I've now been wearing The Dress for a full week, and it's been great fun so far! I've somehow managed not to damage or shrink it - and I've raised over £100 so far for a great charity.

Today is International Women's Day, yet women across the world are still subjected to violence, treated as second-class citizens, judged on their appearance and gender and persecuted for their desire to have equal rights, their religious beliefs and their choices of clothing. Help stand up for equality here. Also, if you sponsor me you'll be helping Comic Relief help women in the UK and Africa - you can find out about some of their projects here.

Anyway, on: to the dresses! Here's Day 7:

I think this has been my favourite outfit so far - but it was also the most problematic day. I went  to an Oxfam event organised by my friend Greg after work, and didn't get home until 11.45pm. I washed my dress and left it on the radiator, but it was still quite damp the next morning!
However, a blast of my hairdryer later, and we had outfit number 8:


Happy Pancake Day, everyone! Best holiday since Hallowe'en. And one last thought - have a read of Female Chauvinist Pigs by Ariel Levy, or read this article about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment